How Does It Work?
You’re a professional. You’re an expert at what you do, and you know how to do your thing.
But you’re not a web designer and you need to get your website and social media accounts working for you, and bringing in new leads and clients – so you can focus on doing what you love.
RAD Web Marketing is here to take everything web marketing off of your plate. From creating fresh, modern, mobile-responsive designs, to managing social media, email marketing, lead generation and local search presence – we are experts at digital marketing, allowing you to get back to doing what you do best. We work with small businesses, professionals and entrepreneurs, to help you create a digital profile that is suited for success.
What platform do you build web sites on?
Unless there is a specific request or requirement for a different platform, we build all of our websites using WordPress. Its the largest and most popular platform on the web, offering nearly unlimited flexibility for adding functionality and customization.
What do I need to have ready before we begin?
After your contract is signed, we’ll send you a PDF link detailing all of the information we’ll need from you in order to begin the work. By getting all of the necessary content, imagery, copy and functionality requirements up front – projects go much more quickly, and without extended delays. But here are a few of the things we’ll be looking for:
- Research what you like/don’t like, and your industry, competitors and trends. Before you start a project you need to know what your competition is offering, what solutions they provide on their website and how they utilize their website to gain leads or sell products or whatever else they do.
- Be crystal clear on who you are serving. Before we can start to map out a design and a digital strategy, it is important to understand your ideal customer, and what they are looking for.For example, a chiropractor might be looking for working individuals or moms who carry around kids all day long. Therefore, the website should be informative, and with easy to access contact information. A wedding photographer, should come prepared with their best creative photos for an online portfolio that will visually show off what they can do, and that will will WOW their prospective clients.
- A layout or sitemap of the pages that you want included. This is similar to a table of contents in a book, where you isolate all the main pages, and any sub-pages that you’ll need to have created.
- List out the functionality that you will require. Now is the time to consider if you need things like a shopping cart, a blog, dynamic email capture forms, etc. If these don’t come up until after the project has begun, additional costs will be incurred. We’ve found the best success when the entire project scope and functionality list is defined up front.
- Hosting – We recommend Siteground for Hosting if you don’t have one yet. Please click here to set up your account, and forward us the login details when we are ready to proceed.
Will all of the internal pages look the same?
For the most part, yes (unless arranged otherwise as part of your project specs). Your homepage will often have a slightly different layout, but the internal pages will all have the same basic layout – same header, same sidebar, same footer (obviously content in the middle of the page will be unique). If you want to change the layouts on some pages or add new/custom layouts, we can quote any additional costs for that.
Will I be able to edit the site myself?
Absolutely! That is the beauty of WordPress. After our work is done, you’ll receive a series of video tutorials offering training on how to use the system, as well as 30 days of included support after the site goes live.